I've decided to go ahead and count it as I slice it, but only if it's going straight into a current project. This week I sliced up about a fifth of a yard as I needed some more 2" squares for my Irish Chain. Some of them have made it into blocks, some of them are still in the little basket of 2" squares, but they are all out of my stash :)
I also pulled some fabric for the mug rug swap, but I haven't cut into it yet, so that'll have to count for next week's stash report.
I'm off to a good start. Whoop!
Used this Week: .2 yards
Used year to Date: .2 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2012: .2 yards