Thursday, January 12, 2012

Line 'Em UP!

Ever since Carter was a baby he has been obsessed with lining things up. It started with peas on his high chair, then he moved on to blocks, and finally graduated to his big brother's Hot Wheels. Often times I'd walk into the living room and find a mixture of blocks, Hot Wheels, cars, and other items lined up from one end of the room to the other. So, I'm not sure why, once I hung a design wall, I was surprised to find this....

My sweet boy hasn't stopped rearranging my blocks since I hung them! I find him fussing with them all day long. He'll get them just right and then out of no where, he'll jump off of the couch and start rearranging them again.


I guess I should have seen this coming, but honestly I didn't. I think it's cute as could be and if my blocks weren't so WHITE, I wouldn't even nag him about washing his hands first :)

I think I may have a future quilt designer on my hands. I've since taken the Irish Chain down and put up some other blocks. He fiddled with them for about 24 hours, but has left them alone ever since. I guess they just don't hold his interest as much as all of those tiny little squares!

1 comment: